Member of the Finance team that will ensure accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry Payroll processing. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate.
Payroll Specialist is in charge of processing payroll from start to finish in compliance with local regulation per the assigned site (s) as well as assisting in projects related to Payroll as needed.
- Process biweekly payrolls
- Address and resolve employee, management and government agency inquiries
- Generate and send reports
- Assist with internal and external audit requirements
- Reconcile payroll data
- Maintain payroll system updated
The Payroll Specialist position covers the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Generate and send reports to Operations for exceptions and items to be corrected for payroll transmission.
- Review and process payroll discrepancies and complete entries in payroll system accordingly.
- Coordinate with agencies for tax and social insurance reporting and payments.
- Coordinate issue resolution with payroll vendor regarding payroll processing, changes and or inquiries.
- Maintain payroll records current with relevant pay period data for auditing and reference purposes in compliance with local regulation requirements for record retention and handling of private and sensitive data.
- Participate in gathering of Payroll information for the different business.
- Validate payroll data in Payroll Register matches information submitted to vendor or what was entered in the payroll system as applicable.
- Complete multiple validation reports to ensure Gross to Net is calculated properly for each payroll run.
- Prepare funding forecast for payroll funds.
- Process termination payments.
- Process off cycle payments.
- Participate in payroll orientation for new hires.
- Process year end and annual tax reconciliation and preparation of employee and employer tax returns.
- Identify root cause and assist in proposing solutions to payroll impacting issues.
- Reconcile and verify timely and accurate payroll tax and contribution payments are done.
- Communicate and contribute to providing data to key business owners such as Human Resources, Finance, Operations and other approved contacts.
- Assist in distributing pay checks.
- Reconciling payroll registers vs bank account transactions and live checks cashed and pending to be cashed.
Other Related Duties
- Participate in projects as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis on business or accounting preferred
- Experience with computerized payroll processing
- Experience with ADP, ORACLE HR/Payroll systems a plus
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must be detailed oriented
- Able to meet deadlines
- International Payroll processing experience preferred
- Multi-state payroll processing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to communicate with all levels across the various departments.
- Able to work in fast paced and high volume process environment
- Diligent in following through to guarantee full completion of task or issue.
- Should be able to work independently to ensure day to day functions and projects are completed and should be able to work as a team for collaboration, projects or achievement of team and company goals.
- Use all resources available to resolving issues and escalate as needed to manager.
- Be able to respond assertively regarding payroll matters.
- Must have a good sense of urgency.
Physical Demands and Working conditions
- Able to sit for long periods.
- Activities may also involve walking, standing, speaking and listening to.
- Hand / eye coordination.
- Repetitive clerical tasks
- Climate controlled environment
- Mild noise
- Computer, desk and typical office equipment
Reports to: The Payroll Manager