Contact Center - Team Lead
San Antonio, Texas Full Time Operations
TaskUs is an Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies in America 3 years and running. There are 43 of us at our newly built office in Santa Monica, and 7,000+ employees internationally (sounds big, but we still consider ourselves a startup). This role is based out of our brand new office in San Antonio, TX- our first domestic production site. Within minutes of the hip Pearl District and along the San Pedro Creek Project, the area offers plenty of green space, hiking and biking trails, art districts, restaurants, hotels and a booming startup scene- the perfect place for TaskUs to call home. TaskUs is where people who are fed up with the status quo come to thrive. We are a collective of doers who believe that even if something isn't broken, it could still do with some fixing. Our attitude to continuous improvement is just one of the beliefs that emanate from our core values, which are the backbone of our company and our culture. From boundless snacks, to mindfulness meditation lessons, an environment of total transparency and a relentless focus on experimentation, we're creating a 21st Century organization destined for big things. Come join us.
TaskUs has expanded its global presence and packaged the best of its core capabilities into a convenient onshore option in San Antonio, Texas. This domestic presence enables clients to leverage the incredible talent pools of local universities, convey a strong cultural fit between end-users and employees and deliver white-glove customer experiences. San Antonio was named the United States’ friendliest city of 2016 – a perfect option for top empathetic talent to deliver industry-leading CSAT scores. We’re looking for a Customer Support Team Lead to join our reputable team of dedicated support members. This is a unique, customer centric role in a high volume, start-up environment. Team Leads actively contribute to excellence of the customer support team – they love people, they love technology and they are passionate about connecting customers with the right solutions.
The position is full time, must be flexible to work evenings.
- Manage daily attendance & schedule
- Prioritizes customer demands and needs across email, chat and telephone channels
- Manages high touch escalations through email, phone, and chat
- Determines root causes for bottlenecks and reports to client about opportunities for improvements
- Send weekly reports to client summarizing weekly concerns, opportunities, & needs
- Manage case queues, doling out the proper amount of cases to each agent, and re-assigning cases for those who are absent
- Cultivates ongoing team relationships through follow-ups and daily check-ins (with QA and TMs)
- Drop in on calls, chats, and email to confirm teammates are handling cases properly
- Collaborates with team members to find new processes and department solutions
Skills and Abilities
- Adaptive Capacity: Responds positively to change by embracing and using new practices; adjusts behaviors or methods when necessary to achieve objectives. Responds positively to change, uses new systems to achieve objectives and solve problems. Leads others through change.
- Self-Starter/Initiator: Initiates action in order to accomplish goals or develop self without explicit instructions. Proactive in seeking out new responsibilities and activities without explicit instructions. Initiates prompt action in order to accomplish goals or objectives.
- Coachable: Receptive to feedback as a mechanism for self-improvement. Able and willing to learn and change; sees any situation as a learning opportunity. Receptive to and seeks out feedback.
- Data and Metrics Capable: Uses data to continuously improve success and performance. Understands the use of data and KPI’s to set and track goals. Understands the use of basics such as averages, means, and data trending to interpret data.
- Quality/Accuracy: Displays attention to detail in order to deliver high quality and accurate work. Is detail-oriented and delivers accurate, highly quality work.Checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Critical Thinker/Problem-Solver : Demonstrates the ability to analyze, synthesize, and apply information in order to solve problems. Evaluates information in order to formulate solutions to problems. Weighs the strengths and weaknesses of options in order to recommend the best solution.
- Conduct weekly call monitors, team meetings and 1 on 1 coaching with staff.
- Accountable: Takes responsibility for all actions; follows through on commitments. Takes responsibility for all actions. Follows through; keeps commitments in all professional and personal areas.
- Communicator: Ability to effectively communicate and engage others through verbal and written communication. Able to clearly express ideas and directions both verbally and through writing. Can influence and engage others.
- Must be a confident communicator and be able to build rapport and relationships with ease
- Must have a genuine interest in people and concern for customers
- Be energetic and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Can shift modes easily and interact with all walks of life
- Minimum two years of Customer Service/Technical Support experience (with phone, email, and chat background)
- Proficient using helpdesk software (Salesforce experience is a plus)
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Open availability preferred- we are open 24/7.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisor/management experience.
- High School diploma/GED required.
TaskUs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job assessments powered by Interviewed.